What is "picom" doing here?

I use the current and updated NomadBSD and I looked at the running processes because the fan in my laptop is working more than usual. This is a screenshot of HTop.

There are 2 processes from picom, using around 39 % of my CPU. After a few minutes it got better, but picom now needs around 30 % of the CPU.
I use NomadBSD with ZFS and Nvidia graphics. I only know that picom is a compositor for Xorg. But I don’t know what it is exactly doing in NomadBSD.
I use several other systems on the same laptop, Win 11, Puppylinux and Fedora 38. None of these systems uses so much CPU power while being idle. I would like to understand why picom uses so many resources.

picom is your compositor for your X windowing system. Without it you will not be able to display your application’s windows correctly. It also handles display effects. If you ever tempt to uninstall it do not do that. It will result in a broken desktop and a broken desktop experience. Trust me bro.

Sorry for my late answer. I do not want to uninstall Picom. I just like to know more about this process. I know, a Xorg compositor is very important to show the desktop correctly.
I wonder why my laptop is working more, and the fan is louder than a few weeks before. I did not change a thing in Nomadbsd and only made the normal updates.
Even Windows 11 and also Fedora Linux are less working and more silent. Now, while I am writing this post, the fan is powering down a little bit. But it is at the end too much.
The laptop has nothing to do except for showing my Firefox browser with two tabs, this one and my webmail.
Don’t get me wrong, the system is fully usable. But I love very silent systems, and usually this laptop runs very silent. Only Nomadbsd let it working more and louder. I have FreeBSD 13.2 on another external SSD and this is more silent as well.
I will take an eye on this. Finally, NomadBSD is louder than it was a few weeks before.