Release 1.3.1 on an Intel NUC6I7KYK

My first visit to BSD in quite a long time. It took me perhaps 15 tries to get a working system because of a persistent bug in the install (UHUB_REATTACH_PORT: giving up port reset - device vanished) which took quite a while to figure out. It may be my NUK because it’s quite new and that seems to be part of the problem. However I tracked it down to a USB HUB connected via USB-C. Once disconnected, all was well.
My current problem is I have no audio. The audio is internal (not outboard) and works fine under Windows 10. Since I’m new to BSD and Nomad, I’m seeking help. Ayone have any ideas?

1 Like

Hi there,

is the mixer running in the tray? If so, does the mixer window show multiple (mixer device) tabs?
In that case you might have to choose the default audio device.

There is no mixer shown in the tray, but I can open it. It shows multiple Mixer tabs; MIXER0* MIXER1 MIXER2 MIXER3
MIXER0 is selected but no sound.

Try the other 3. Make sure to restart the application you use to play media after changing the default device.

Could you post the output of cat /dev/sndstat, please?

Fixed! As I am new (read: at least 20 years ago) to Linux it takes time to figure out everything PLUS I failed in my one big mantra: RTFM! So I read the manual and was able to set the defaults correctly! I have sound.
But I’d still like to do what you asked - as an exercise. How do I run those commands?

Installed devices:
pcm0: <Realtek ALC233 (Rear Analog Speaker)> (play)
pcm1: <Realtek ALC233 (Front Analog Headphones)> (play) default
pcm2: <Realtek ALC233 (Rear Digital)> (play)
pcm3: <Intel Skylake (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
No devices installed from userspace.

I did it!

Excellent :slight_smile: