Package update kills my BSD 1.3.2

Hi, said that I already experienced and solved the known problems of the packages upgrade by applying the errata tips, now they’re not good anymore to perform the upgrade.
Have an usb volume with a full NomadBSD 1.3.2 installation (not live USB), I start the package upgrade 1.16.1 to 1.16.3 with sakura terminal
su
pkg lock -y e2fsprogs
pkg lock -y consolekit2-1.2.1_1
pkg delete -f librsvg2
pkg upgrade -y

the upgrade (38 packages) is confirmed well ended, then

upgrade -f -y qt5-style-plugins
cp /usr/local/etc/dsbmd.conf.sample /usr/local/etc/dsbmd.conf .

before rebooting I already see that some application do not start anymore: Firefox, Thunderbird, Libreoffice, exc…

Trying to start Firefox with Sakura, this is the response:
ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol “pthread_setname_np@FBSD_1.6”

poweroff, reboot, at the end of the load sequence nothing more happens, dark empty screen and no desktop appears.

What has happened from the last time I could successfully upgrade to 1.16.1 ?
Maybe the new 1.4 version released is someway influencing the upgrade system of the 1.3.2 ?

Hi @mauro,

if you have NomadBSD installed on a HDD there is no need to lock packages mentioned in the errata. Locking packages can, after multiple package upgrades, lead to inconsistencies, like missing dependencies. I recommend to do the following:

# pkg unlock -a

If you are running the 32bit version, you will probably keep the drm-legacy-kmod:

# pkg lock drm-legacy-kmod

Then upgrade all packages:

# pkg upgrade -y

If there are still missing libraries, force upgrading of all packages:

# pkg upgrade -f -y

No. You are still using 1.3.2, and there is no NomadBSD update mechanism yet. You just updated the installed FreeBSD packages.

thank you for the suggestions, I’ve applied them also making separates tests when I saw it did not work initially. Sadly, there’s noway to make the packages update safely, at every level, both in the USB live volume and in the USB fully installed volume, last working update was on 1.16.1 package version, after that no more cumulative packages update is possible on my system.
This could be due to the graphic (GUI) server not starting after the reboot sequence. I’ve a dual graphic system consisting in a standalone AMD Radeon 330M chip and in a Intel HD Graphics 5500 integrated .
My only choice at this point is trying to separately upgrade some single packages as needed (Firefox, Thunderbird, Gimp, exc…) making sure that none of them will produce this failure.
But with Libreoffice is already going wrong, it does not start anymore after its standalone upgrade:

ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/libuno_sal.so.3: Undefined symbol “pthread_setname_np@FBSD_1.6”

I’m really discouraged.

EDIT: I’ve just been able to install the 1.4 release which I was fighting with, hardly attempting to deploy/configure it on some USB pendrives finally revealed unrelyable, and succeeded only after having discarded two pendrives. Ok, no more pain with the 1.3.2 unaffordable updates, welcome 1.4 :slightly_smiling_face: