octoPKG thingy... and I keep typing to get to 15 characters

Hey,
New Noob here. I have just installed NomadBSD on an old Samsung NP-NC10 netbook, that runs on an N270 atom CPU with 2GB’s of RAM and a 156GB’s spinner. nomadBSD feels better on it and I have been trying all sorts of linuxes on the litle thing, the past few days. Fast forward to my question, though. The first thing I did with it was to update using octoPKG witch went on smothly but after all the packages were installed I cannot start octoPKG neither from the Plank nor the openbox menu. The icons are where they are supposed to be but they just don’t work. Nothing happens when I click them. So what do I do? Please…

Can you please try running octopkg from a terminal emulator (Sakura) and see if there’s any error message?

I am really embarrassed… First things first, thank you for replying to me. Could you please dictate to me the exact command I must type in Sakura? Me being such a NOOOOOOB, THANK YOU!

No need to be embarassed. We all started at some point. :slight_smile:

To run Sakura just click on the dark icon with the $_ characters in the tray at the bottom.
Then enter octopkg and you should see some error message in Sakura.

Hi,
I’ve exactly same problem. Error message as follows:

ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/qt5/libQt5Network.so.5: Undefined symbol “_ZTI14QObjectPrivate@Qt_5”

Thanks.

According to https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=229342 the problem can fixed by reinstalling the qt5-packages as follows:

pkg info | grep ^qt5 | sed 's/ .*//' | xargs pkg install -fy

After running this command system responds as follows:

pkg info | grep ^qt5 | sed 's/ .*//' | xargs pkg install -fy

root@NomadBSD ~ [0|2|0|0]#

I think this is a failure message. Is there any other way to reinstall some packages with wildcard or regex?

Try this one:

# pkg install -fy `pkg query -x '%n' '^qt5'`
2 Likes

This works. Thanks for your attention.