Not enough space in /tmp/pkg for update

Attempting sudo pkg upgrade returns an error claiming the update requires 1 GiB of space, it needs 700 MiB more than is available in /tmp/pkg. Should I just manually upgrade one package at a time until there are only 300 MiB left of packages to avoid this error?

Hello @sandmuel ,

Those quarterly package-updates can get quite big!

Please, which version of NomadBSD? -and how big is your USB-stick/SSD/HDD?
At the moment I’m not familiar with the 14.x versions - and I suspect (and hope) you’re using one of those…

Have a nice day :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! :smile:
NomadBSD 140R-20240126, ~ 30 GB USB stick
It’s pretty much a fresh install, I installed it on my USB stick a day ago, today I created an image of my USB stick to load it into a VM (since my wifi card has no BSD drivers and I wanted to give it a try with an internet connection). It has quite a bit of free space left.

Oh now that I think about it, the issue might be that I only gave the VM 2 GB of RAM, I assumed this would do since the system requirements listed on the website are:

1G of RAM (2G for the ZFS version)

But if I’m remembering correctly, a tmpfs is a ram filesystem so lack of RAM might be limiting the size of /tmp/pkg issue here :thinking:

Increasing the RAM to 3 GB on my VM seems to have stopped the space issues, though now I am getting an issue relating to the creation of hardlinks… :thinking: