NomadBSD14 not booting on HP AMD Ryzen 5 3550H laptop

I have an HP laptop and HP desktop, both run AMD Ryzen5 (desktop is Ryzen 5-4600G and laptop Ryzen 5-3550H), the same problem is happening in both computers, NomadBSD will not boot, I downloaded it a couple of days ago " NomadBSD 141R-20240711 (64-bit/x86-64/amd64, UFS)", I used Rufus on Windows to make the image.

I attach screenshot of the laptop. I click on “RETURN” I get the root prompt, I then type in startx, but nothing happens.

I am going to update in case anybody comes across the same problem. I downloaded a new NomadBSD ZFS version for performance reasons, not the UFS version in the screenshot.

The problem is fixed now, I have managed to launch NomadBSD141R. What happened was that during the 10 seconds that the boot screen lasts I was reading on the screen as option 1)Multiuser (default) and option 2)Single user, since this is a personal laptop I picked option 2) Single user, and this must have been what stopped X from launching I guess because as soon as I picked the default 1)Multiuser everything booted and X now starts as normal.

The bad news are that I have not managed to make Wifi work in the laptop, everything else seems fine.

I downloaded a new NomadBSD ZFS version for performance reasons

If you want to use the USB stick (without installing the OS on a hard drive) UFS is better.

1 Like

Totally agree with @gmacar especially for this: NomadBSD - Handbooklet which is very interesting to have a possible problem.