NomadBSD on Lenovo T430

I have just installed NomadBSD on my LENOVO T430. Impressive. Works perfect, all hardware are working, including the pad. Very nice. I have decided to keep it on my laptop as daily driver.

Package manager is nice too and snappy.

Obviously there are some software issues which I am unable to resolve…

1. There is no wireless icon on top panel.

2. gxkb does nothing. It just shows “About and Quit”.

3. I can change my keyboard temporarily but not permanently. I added command to .xinitrc just before the last source, Still will not change. The console, has the correct keyboard in rc.conf.

4. After installation I rebooted. Now I cannot login unless I log in on the console first, then Slim will let me in.

5. I added a HDD (internal). Created partition and formatted it as a ZFS file system and created the file system. The disk manager can see the drive, i can mount, and do my work there. Obviously the mount is temporary. So i added a line to etc/fstab But it refused to mount, and says no such device even though it is there in /dev and i can use use form desktop. i tried to mount manually, same error, “No such device”.

6. I cannot change wallpaper, nothing happens.

7. the keyboard, when pressing a key it repeats as it should but not when going backward (left arrow). Observed in shell and all applications.

8. Question. Can use the FreeBSD package collection? i haven’t tried yet.

9. Does Octopkg has all the packages provided by FreeBSD?

10. My brain went numb :slight_smile:

Oh I remembered no 10.

10 No BT icon. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback :slight_smile:

If you can install net-mgmt/networkmgr which shows the wifi status.

A left-click on the icon changes the keyboard layout.

This is … odd.

Yes, NomadBSD is just a pre-configured FreeBSD. OctoPkg is just a front-end to pkg.

Because of the various problems, could you please post the content of the following files?:

/etc/fstab, /var/log/slim.conf (try to log in via slim before logging in at a virtual console), ~/.xinitrc, ~/.config/DSB/autostart.sh, and /etc/rc.conf.