We’re proud to announce the release of NomadBSD 20221130 based on FreeBSD 13.1
Changes since 20210508
- The base system has been changed to FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p5.
- Except for i386, We now provide two images for each supported achitecture.
One which uses ZFS and one which uses UFS for the root filesystem.
- The file systems used on the UFS version are now created with soft updates
journaling enabled to reduce file system repair problems after a crash.
- The automatic graphics driver detection has been improved. Support for
VIA/Openchrome has been added. For Nvidia graphics card not supported by one
of the Nvidia drivers nv is now used.
- For better support of non-latin keyboard input and switching between
layouts, IBus is now used.
- The rc script for loading acpi modules has been improved.
- The display manager SLiM has been replaced by SDDM.
- In order to reduce image sizes, libreOffice and some multimedia packages
have been removed.
- The kernel has been build with a patch that prevents some laptops from
hanging when the hwpstate_intel driver is loaded.
See: src - FreeBSD source tree
- Turkish localization and support for Opera and Microsoft Edge have been
added to the Linux browser installer GUI.
- An experimental nomadbsd-update tool has been added, which allows to update
components of the NomadBSD system.
Get it from our download page: NomadBSD - Download
Thanks to all contributors who helped in getting this release ready!